Accounts Receivable Clerk
Accounts Receivable Clerk - Powell Watson Auto Group
Summary and Purpose
We are seeking an Accounts Receivable (A/R) Clerk. Great career growth potential and a great benefits package are available to candidates interested in joining our quickly growing accounting team. Candidates who are able to enter, post and reconcile batches, research and resolve customer A/R issues, prepare aging report, place billing and collection calls, maintain cash receipts journal, update, and reconcile sub-ledger to G/L will be most fit for this position. The Accounts Receivable Clerk must be a self-starter with high attention to detail, in order to handle 200+ invoices a week. Previous work experience is preferred.
- Offer information to vendors, customers, the sales/service department and other departments
- Compile segments of monthly closings and annual reports and take care of payments in compliance with GAAP
- Pinpoint delinquent customer accounts through various means, including skip-tracing, phone contact, written correspondence, and make arrangements for payment
- Contact clients to help resolve payment issues; assist in setting up payment plans
- Represent and exude the values, culture, and mission of the organization
- Confirm documents and codes
- Settle bank accounts, posting and balancing financial data in a variety of ledgers
- Perform a variety of basic accounting tasks in accordance with standard procedures, including general accounting tasks
- Proven analytical skills in basic accounts receivable and accounting policy
- Proficiency in numeric data entry
- Microsoft Excel experience desired
- Strong attention to detail
- Self -starter
- Team oriented
- Helpful, friendly demeanor
Benefits include medical and dental insurance, 401K retirement savings plan, vacation time, holiday and sick leave, company paid continuing education and training. Our company maintains a strong policy of equal employment opportunity for all associates. We hire, train, promote and compensate associates on the basis of personal and professional competence and potential for advancement without regard for race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability or citizenship, as well as other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
About Our Dealership
We believe our employees are our greatest asset! As such, we treat all employees with respect and appreciation for their contributions to the company. We believe not only in providing ongoing training, but also rewarding outstanding effort and results through bonus and commission programs. We are a family owned and operated, second generation organization with state of the art facilities and a commitment to see our employees succeed.
Job Type: Full-time