• Experience in IT support environment is beneficial
• Experience with Windows Software and similar programs
• Experience with PC Hardware installation (Memory, HDD, SDD, Graphic Cards, and other accesories)
• Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team, and to interact effectively with colleagues, administrators, faculty, staff and vendors
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Valid driver’s license for State of residence and at least minimum liability insurance required by State
• Ability to work evenings and weekends
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
• Being Resilient - Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations
• Instills Trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity
• Drives Results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
• Innovation - Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
• The IT Support Technician provides primary level 1 Help Desk services to staff in response to user generated tickets in a prompt, thorough and courteous fashion
• Support includes specification, installation and testing of computer systems and peripherals within established standards and guidelines
• The IT Support Technician provides training to faculty and staff in the use of certain equipment
• Activities require interaction with application software and operating systems to diagnose and resolve unique, non-recurring problems
• This position utilizes one-on-one or remote consultancy to end users
• Receives guidance and direction from the Senior IT Manager and other Management Team Members
• Installs, configures and maintains computer equipment, peripherals and software in organization
• Responds to, updates and closes user generated tickets; partners with Vendor Help Desks as appropriate to determine and resolve problems received from end users
• Ensures computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including file servers, email servers, video conferencing systems, application servers and administrative systems
• Initiates video conferencing sessions for staff and management as needed
• Performs AV set-up, configuration and dismantle
• Identifies, recommend and/or performs system/software upgrades as necessary
• Take inbound Support calls and service issue calls, transfer users to appropriate resources
• Collaborates and assists management with creating documentation necessary for the organization
• Assist vendors with networking equipment
• Maintains Computer equipment
• Other related duties as assigned
• May perform other duties and responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time
• Reports to: General Managers and IT Manager
• The employee frequently is required to stand and walk
Education and/or Experience
• High school diploma, college preferred.
• Experience in IT support environment is beneficial.
• Experience with PC Hardware is beneficial.
• CompTIA A+ certification preferred.
• Advanced understanding of Microsoft product suite; Microsoft certifications preferred.
• Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team, and to interact effectively with colleagues, administrators, staff and vendors.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Valid driver’s license for State of residence and at least minimum liability insurance required by State.
• Ability to work evenings and weekends.
• Compensation is based on experience and commensurate with Fortune 500 companies.
• Benefits include medical and dental insurance, 401K retirement savings plan, Vacation time, holiday and sick leave, company paid continuing education and training. Our company maintains a strong policy of equal employment opportunity for all associates. We hire, train, promote and compensate associates on the basis of personal and professional competence and potential for advancement without regard for race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability or citizenship, as well as other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
About Our Dealership
• We believe our employees are our greatest asset! As such, we treat all employees with respect and appreciation for their contributions to the company. We believe not only in providing ongoing training, but also rewarding outstanding effort and results through bonus and commission programs. We are a family owned and operated, second generation organization with state of the art facilities and a commitment to see our employees succeed.
If this sounds appealing to you, please complete our application to determine your eligibility.